BRD complex, and calf pneumonia specifically, impacts long-term performance and overall herd profitability. Prevention is more cost-effective than disease treatment—effective vaccination optimizes performance while reducing calf pneumonia and economic losses. To prevent disease:
- Vaccinate calves prior to high-risk, high-stress scenarios
- Vaccinate calves for viral diseases that contribute to BRD (including BVD, BRSV, IBR and PI3)
- Consult with your vet to review cattle housing and environmental risk factors
NUPLURA PH Label Details
For use in healthy cattle three months of age or older as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by Mannheimia haemolytica. Safety has been demonstrated in calves 28 days of age or older.
Administer one 2 mL dose subcutaneously. Consult your veterinarian about revaccination intervals.
- Minimal reactivity – unique formulation of NUPLURA PH is gentle on calves. Administered as directed, there should be no effect on the meat or carcass at slaughter due to site reactions.
- Ease of application – NUPLURA PH does not require mixing or reconstituting.
Always consult with your veterinarian and be sure to follow Beef Quality Assurance guidelines.
ADJUVANT: Emulsigen® D
DIRECTIONS: Shake well before using. Administer a 2 mL dose subcutaneously in the neck following Beef Quality Assurance guidelines. A single dose demonstrated protective immunity as early as 10 days after administration. A booster dose can be administered prior to periods of stress or elevated risk of exposure. Safety has been demonstrated in calves 28 days of age and older. Consult your veterinarian about revaccination intervals.
PRECAUTIONS: Store out of direct sunlight at 2° – 7°C (35° – 45°F). DO NOT FREEZE. Use entire contents when first opened. Do not vaccinate within 60 days before slaughter. Transient injection site swelling may occur. In case of anaphylactic reaction treat with Epinephrine. Contains thimerosal and gentamicin as preservatives.
EMULSIGEN is a registered trademark of Novartis AG, Basel, Switzerland.